Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Betrayed


Yep, they did it. They ruined my marriage. I was happily married to my wife for four-and-a-half years and now, well, I guess it is all over.

What happened? Those gosh-darned gays happened! Now that they are getting married legally (gasp) it is all over for us non-gay marrieds.

Yep, that is what they are saying down here below the bible belt. The end. Full stop.

My best friend, who is gay, tried to explain to me that it is all going to be OK. But I think he can't be trusted on this. After ten years of being the best person I have ever met in my life, I think he has finally shown his true colors.

Yep. It happens that way sometimes. Think you know and love someone only to find out they are a part of a secret plot to destroy second-class freedoms and outright discrimination.

I feel so betrayed.

No comments: